Sunday 8 September 2013

Friends with kids (2012)

    


Maybe it would be funnier if I had kids? 

Being 20 years old with no kids and no friends with kids as of yet, I found the comedy very flat in this movie. Some moments in the movie i enjoyed but some scenes just felt so long and drawn out that they were boring, the movie is 1 hour 47 which may be a little long for a movie of its style but still the film felt a lot longer which I find is never a good thing. 

It bases mostly around two individuals who are very close friends that decide to have a kid together in hope it will avoid all the mess of marriage, even though not an unrealistic situation it just doesn't seem very believable throughout the movie which makes it hard for you to like the two main characters. In most movies with this storyline you would be rooting for the two friends to get together by the end of the movie and live happily as a family with their baby but I just didn't feel this way about this couple I never felt the want for them to get together which I feel is a strong factor that this movie needed to work. 

The idea was okay but the movie just didn't work for me when it ended I was just 'Oh...' time not very well spent watching this movie so I would give it a miss and try something else.

2 out of 5 stars  

No comments:

Post a Comment