Wednesday 25 September 2013

This Means War (2012)

 

The way the posters and advertisements display this movie is very different from what the actual movie is, Looking at this poster you would think Reese Witherspoon would be playing a very different type of character than she plays in this movie. When I saw the posters and adverts for this movie it was something that just wasn't interesting me but once I finally sat down and watched it I found I really enjoyed it and had forgot how great Reese Witherspoon is. 

The two male leads work together in the FBI (or something similar) and are always a partnered team but they both end up meeting and falling for the same girl, its a test between their friendship and who will win the girl. It does all sound rather cheesy but most chick flick movies are and this certainly is more of a chick flick than the poster gives away. I loved the character Reese Witherspoon played she was down to earth and sweet but just wanted to meet to right guy she'd never dated two guys at once before so it lead to some funny situations. The movie does contain a fair bit of action so I think if you were to watch with the boyfriend/husband it wouldn't be such a bad time for them I think this is a chick flick that might be able to enjoy more than others. 

Overall I had a good time watching this movie and I would probably give it another go and watch it again one day! Recommended to anyone who loves a laugh and a lighthearted girly movie.

3 out of 5 stars

1 comment:

  1. High, girl!
    While I realize my penname is quite morbid, yet,
    you shall find in our 24 blogs a lottagobba (subliminal) moxie
    which has taken this mortal sinner yeeeeers to compile:
    I lay it ALL out for you, dear - neet, packaged, concise.

    Nevertheless, wouldn’t ya love an endless eternity
    of aplomBombs falling on thy indelible cranium?
    An XtraXcitinXpose with no
    zooillogical-expiration-date,
    with an IQ much higher than K2,
    and an extraordinarily, sawcy, rowdy victory??
    Here’s what the exquisite, prolific GODy sed:

    “Faith, hope, and love,
    the greatest of these is love -
    jump into faith...
    and you'll see with love”
    Doesn’t matter if you don’t believe
    (what I write);
    God believes in you.
    God. Blessa. Youse -Fr. Sarducci, ol SNL
    Meet me Upstairs, girly, where the Son never goes down
    from a passionate, prolific iconoclasm where you’ll find
    astronomically prodigious,
    immeasurably extensive,
    monumentally tremendous,
    stupendously substantial,
    infinitely irresistible
    (XnonillionsXnonillionsXnonillions…
    of deluxe-HTTP [<- pi] opportunities for excitement BTW).

    Do it. Do the deed, dude. Sign into the Big House.

    ReplyDelete